The Start-up Support Programme is a 12-month accelerated mentorship programme providing business and technical skills in the early stage innovation. The programme is aimed at supporting Local Economic Development focused innovators and start-ups grow and propel their innovations and business forward.
What is Innovation?
Innovation can be defined simply as a “new idea, device, or method”. However, innovation is often also viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, needs, or existing market needs. The term “innovation” can be defined as something original and more effective.
Innovation for LED is an innovative sustainable and socially driven product or service that aims to create opportunities of employment and growth economically for surrounding communities.
What is local economic development?
Local Economic Development is an approach towards economic development which allows and encourages local people to work together to achieve sustainable economic growth and development thereby bringing economic benefits and improved quality of life for all residents in a local municipal area.
WHO CAN APPLY?
· Must be South African citizen
· Must be 18 years or older
· Innovation must be early or pre-prototype stage
· Innovation must seek to address an economic challenge prevalent in the community. The solution must be geared towards unlock value in a local economic value chain
· People living with disabilities and female innovators are welcome to apply
Complete the application form by clicking on button below.
Applications close 15 January 2022